was born in Lugo – province of Ravenna (Italy). He graduated in Architecture in 1979 and is a self-taught painter.
Starting at the beginning of the 80’s, he conducted a period of research on transparency and the use of materials such as cellophane, acetate or crystal which lasted around 10 years. The relationship between marks, space and colour on transparent surfaces is the “aesthetic signature” of this time period. After completing the research on “transparency”, he embarked on a new path on the “face”. In order to reach a personal interpretation of the face, he went through a long period of preparation, which eventually came to fruition only in the mid-90’s with two exhibitions in Bologna in 1997.
He has dedicated the last few years to digital art, particularly to the creation of digital images and videos.
Giuseppe Bazzocchi’s digital graphics, often engraved on transparent plexiglas and lit with LED lights, absorb and reflect the pain of human condition and the ill of life. Ripped bodies, mutilated bodies and broken bodies, dissolved and recombined in tragic and monstrous forms, denounce the dehumanising effects of a world-wide violence that grows exponentially day by day.
The bodies of Giuseppe Bazzocchi , therefore, reveal the vulnerable and torn soul of contemporary man. There is no surreptitious pacification in the artist’s imagination: this can only happen if you can give the things of the world, including man, their proper place – after a profound work of individual and collective regeneration. The body records all earthquakes in the world and it is possible to learn and resurrect from them. (Gaetano Cristino).
Giuseppe is currently engaged in creating videos inspired by important songs of art music. By following the notes, he also reinterprets them spontaneously.
“An image is lit up if it lights up“
List of solo and collective exhibitions, competitions, participations, video-concerts
- 1972 2nd place national painting award of the “city of Castellaneta”
- 1972 1st national competition – Ca’ d’oro, Venice Painting competition
- 1973 Collective exhibition at the Sala Grigia of The Palace of Art, Foggia
- 1981 Bari’s “ExpoArte ‘81” fair, provincial administration of Foggia
- 1984 Solo exhibition at the Il Portico gallery, Bologna
- 1985 Solo exhibition at Visual Arts Laboratory, Foggia
- 1985 Collective exhibition “la pietra in Cielo”, Sant’Agata di Puglia (Foggia)
- 1986 144th Exhibition of Figurative Arts, Parco del Valentino (Torino)
- 1987 Collective exhibition “Pocket arte” Visual Arts Laboratory, Foggia
- 1989 Solo exhibition at the “Il Graffio” gallery, Experimental Laboratory of Graphic Arts
- 1990 Collective exhibition “Il canto della materia” at the Il Brandale gallery, Savona
- 1990 “Presenze giovani nell’arte”, “Bertolt Brecht” Cultural centre, Milan
- 1997 “Totem” Solo exhibition, Sala del Silenzio, Bologna
- 1997 “Passengers” Solo exhibition, Bologna’s railway station (train car) For the commemoration of Bologna massacre (2nd August 1980)
- 2005 Personal exhibition prints of “digital works”, Imola
- 2006 Presentation of the video “Ombre” at the “L’accademia dei Tati” cultural centre
- 2008 Video screening of “7 Piezzi facili” at the media centre of San Lazzaro di Savena
- 2009 Collective exhibition, Permanent collection – Inauguration of “CASA MUSEO”, Sant’Alberto (Ravenna)
- 2009 (November) Collective exhibition “Biglietto augurale d’autore”, Sant’Alberto (Ravenna)
- 2010 (March) Collective exhibition “Trait d’union”, Sant’Alberto (Ravenna)
- 2010 (16th May) “MIXXER” Event at Music Conservatory “G. Frescobaldi”, Ferrara
- Presentation of the video “Ombre” – Soundtrack by Stefania de Stefano
- 2010 “Angeli D’autore” Collective exhibition, Sant’Alberto (Ravenna)
- 2011 “Angeli D’autore” Collective exhibition, Monte Sant’Angelo (Foggia)
- 2011 “Art Time 2011” Collective exhibition, Venice
- 2011 “Solidarit Art” Collective exhibition, Paris
- 2012 “CORPO A CORPO” Solo exhibition at the Tedofra gallery, Bologna
- 2016 (February) “Incontri in musica” Video concert, Turchetti Library, Reggio Emilia
- 2016 (February) “Festival due pianoforti” Video concert, Municipal Theatre Hall, Ferrara
- 2016 (May) “Rassegna MIXXER” Video concert, Venetian room, Ferrara
- 2016 (May) “Re maggio storie in cammino” Video concert, Turchetti Library, Reggio Emilia
- 2017 (February) “Incontri in musica” Video concert, Turchetti Library, Reggio Emilia
- 2017 (February) “Musica, Parole e Immagini” Video concert, Municipal Theatre Hall, Ferrara
- 2017 (May) “MIXXER Review” Video-concert, Municipal Theatre Hall, Ferrara